Max Bill, well-known architect, graphic artist and designer, was born in Winterthur, Switzerland, in 1908. He graduated from the School of jArts and Crafts in Zurich and studied at the Bauhaus in Dessau, Germany. Between 1953 and 1956, Bill was Director of the Architecture Department of the College for Design at Ulm, Germany. Among the many awards he has received are a grand prize in the 1951 Triennale Milan, gold medals at the Triennale in 1951 and in 1953* The International Sculpture Prize at the first Biennale at Sao Paulo, Brazil, in 1951.
The original object was scanned as a TIFF file on a Nikon Coolscan 4000 film scanner at approximately 4000 pixels on the long dimension. A 300 ppi JPEG file limited to 1024 pixels on the long dimension was then added to the CONTENTdm database.